This extraordinary trip to Bhutan will create memories to last a lifetime. This trip provides an insider’s view of Bhutan including visits to BCF teachers in the field, receptions, private dinners and special access to sites across the country.
- Paro, Tiger’s Nest, Thimphu, Punakha Valley, Talo Tshechu, Dochula Pass,
- School visits – learn more about education in Bhutan and visit a local school
- Private receptions
- Special access to historic sights
What to Expect
- Return airfare into and out of Paro International Airport from transit city (Delhi, Kathmandhu, Singapore)
- All meals and accommodation at 4 or 5 Star Hotels on twin-sharing basis
- All land costs including private drivers and a professional guide
- Visa fees
- Government tariff
What’s Not Included:
- International airfare to transit city
- Telephone calls
Lucie Edwards enjoyed a 34 year career in the Canadian Foreign Service. Since her retirement in 2009, she has worked in international development, notably in the fields of education, agriculture, and global public health. She currently chairs the International Network for Bamboo and Rattan, based in Beijing China. Lucie is affiliated with the Balsillie School of International Affairs in Waterloo and has taught international affairs and public policy at Waterloo and Wilfrid Laurier Universities. She previously served as Canada’s High Commissioner to Kenya, South Africa and India, and Ambassador to the UN Environment Program. In 1995, she received the Public Service Award of Excellence for her humanitarian work during the genocide in Rwanda. She also received a merit award for her human rights work combating Apartheid at the Canadian Embassy in Pretoria. She and her husband Tom, an environmental historian and poet, live in Ottawa.
All regular trip prices include a $2,000 CAD tax deductible and nonrefundable donation to Bhutan Canada Foundation.
TICO No: 50016735 (Blyth Education Travel)