September 20 - October 19, 2020
The most difficult high altitude trek in the world and one of the most beautiful treks in the Himalayas, the Snowman trek traverses along the Bhutan and Tibet border, passing unclimbed peaks and remote valleys. This is a long and challenging trek where you will see snow capped mountains, turquoise-tinted lakes, pristine forests, ancient monasteries, and semi-nomadic villages.
The trek begins with a short drive from Paro at Drukgyel Dzong, heading towards Chomolhari base camp, the third highest peak in Bhutan. Pass Bhutanese monasteries and alpine grasslands to visit the northern most settlement in Bhutan, Laya. Continue crossing numerous high passes to make your way towards Lunana valley, a seldom-visited community living among glaciers. Immersed in the natural beauty of Bhutan, witness Himalayan blue sheep, bearded vultures, and rhododendron forests. After completing 25 days of strenuous but rewarding trekking, return by road to visit the cultural heritage sites of Punakha and Thimphu, before returning to Paro for your final night in the Kingdom of Bhutan.
- 30 days total, 25 days trek
- Full Snowman trek taking you through the most remote valleys in Bhutan
- Trek to Chomolhari base camp, the third tallest mountain in Bhutan
- Cross 9 high passes over 4,500 m (15,850 ft.)
- Visit Thimphu, Punakha, and Paro, including a hike to Taktseng ‘Tiger’s Nest’ Monastery
- Reach a maximum altitude of 17,320 ft / 5,280 m
Why Travel With Us
This trip is run in collaboration with Canadian Himalayan Expeditions (CHE), an adventure travel company with over 30 years of experience safely running expeditions. CHE specializes in arranging small group adventure trips throughout Bhutan, Nepal, Tibet, India, Silk Road, and other parts of the Himalayas. With over three decades of experience CHE has built a strong reputation for quality, safety, leadership and environmental responsibility.
This trip will also have Joe Pilaar leading the trek.* Joe Pilaar founded CHE over 30 years ago, and has been leading adventures to the Himalaya for even longer.
Joe lived and studied in India for 5 years and speaks Hindi and Urdu fluently. He has traveled extensively throughout the Indian Subcontinent, Southeast Asia, East Africa and South America, and has organized and led over 75 expeditions in Nepal, India, Bhutan, Pakistan, China/ Tibet, Kenya, Tanzania, Argentina, Chile, and Peru.
Read about CHE’s Snowman Trek featured in the National Geographic here.
*Subject to number of sign ups
What To Expect
- All accommodations in hotels or tents
- All meals
- Professional guides, cooks, horses (or other beasts of burden, such as yaks or mules)
- All major equipment such as tents, insulating foam mattress, utensils, stoves and fuel while on trek
- Portable Altitude Chamber bag and satellite phone
- Visa fees including daily tourist tariff
What’s Not Included:
- International airfare to Paro
- Travel insurance
Land Cost: $7,970 USD (per person, based on min. 2 person sharing)
Charitable Donation to BCF: $5,000 USD (tax receipt will be issued)
Total: $12,970 USD
- Airfare – International airfare to Paro approximately $1,900 USD
- Optional – Tent Single Supplement: $100 USD
- Optional – Hotel Single Supplement: $150 USD (subject to availability)
For more information contact us at email@example.com or 647-233-6607
TICO No: 50016735 (Blyth Education Travel)