- Undertook recruitment process and hired the Trans Bhutan Senior Project Director. Welcome Sonam Rinchen!
- Facilitated the second TBT Steering Committee meeting. Welcome to new members from De-suung, Association of Bhutanese Travel Operators and Bhutan Sustainable Tourism Society
- Completed development of brand, name and tag-line. Launch of social media and marketing campaign pending final approvals.
- Presented to the Gyalsung National Youth Service Leadership Team with regarding plans to support the 2022 Youth Experiential Education Program utilizing the TBT
- Submitted a comprehensive project update report to Royal Secretariat outlining project accomplishments to date and next steps.
- Attended the Kuwait National Day event representing BCF and TBT.
- Organized equipment and logistics for 24 persons including De-Suung volunteers, to participate in a cross-country trail survey expedition commencing in early March. One group will start in Haa and the other team will begin in Tashingang. Survey teams will meet in Trongsa two weeks later.
- Tourism Council of Bhutan representative, Pema Drukpa undertook national tour meeting with Dzongdas, Gups and business leaders to prepare for upcoming survey expedition
- Site visit to Haa identifying trail start/finish and additional side trails.
- Dorji Dradual, Director General, Tourism Council of Bhutan
- Kado Zangpo, Director, Ministry of Home and Cultural Affairs
- Karma Tshering, Field Director, Bhutan Canada Foundation
- Kinley Tenzin, Executive Director, Royal Society for the Protection of Nature
- Passang W.Norbu, Advisor, Department of Forests and Park Services, Ministry of Agriculture and Forests
- Sam Blyth, Chair, Bhutan Canada Foundation
- Sonam Dorji – Assoication of Bhutan Tour Operators
- Tek Bahadur – Association of Bhutan Tour Operators
- Tandi Dorji – DeSuup
- Karma Tshering – EcoCallBhutan
This blog and photos are by Catherine Smart, see more by Catherine here: https://smartmovetraining.ca/index.php/smart-move-blog/
February Trans Bhutan Trail Report