We are currently recruiting for our Spring Bhutan Reading Program and the application deadline is January 31st 2016!
This is a unique experience for Teachers to spend their time in a meaningful way. This program allows Canadian teachers to travel to Bhutan for 4-weeks and act as reading mentors/teachers to children in Bhutan. The dates for the 2016 Spring Reading Program is April 7 – May 7 2016
In order to qualify to participate in the Bhutan Reading Program individuals need to meet the following criteria:
- Experienced and qualified Canadian Teachers (with a B.Ed and/or teaching license and five years of experience).
- Teaching subjects should be at the elementary level or English at any level; additional qualifications in reading, literacy, English
specialization, and ESL are highly sought.
- English-speaking Canadians who hold a valid Canadian passport.
- Spouses/family are not permitted to accompany Reading Program teachers unless both are teachers who fit the above criteria and participate in the Program.
- Teachers must complete a BCF medical evaluation form with their general physician and be in excellent health.
For more information look at our check out our website
Questions about any aspect of the program, or about Bhutan, can also be addressed to Andrea Geddes Poole, the Executive Director in BCF’s Toronto office, 647-233-6607.